Thursday 14 June 2012

Beach to the Andes


It is time to pack and get on the road. Leave the beach and the flipflop lifestyle to the Andes and the hiking boots. Past couple of days have been hard, I have formed so many relationships and had great times here yet must leave and form new ones in a new environment. It's been a great place to initiate my entrance into south america, very laid back friendly village. My room in this lodge has been great, i am basicaly enveloped between trees and have a back view of a long range of lush mountains. The owners came back tonight from their two month trek around venezuela and i have been hearing all about it and filling them in on what happened here. On the south side of the village the fishing boats dock in everyday around 5 a.m and starting selling their catch, while make shift restaurants starting cooking some of the best ceviche, fish soup, and fried fish around, so fresh, in the beginning it was a bit hard to digest that stuff for breakfast but its so yummy you want more. The gang at work are really great, one of them is throwing me a despedida(farwell) tomorrow at his house, we went and bought a whole bunch of food today and drinks and gave them to his mom and wife who will cook for the party of 30 tomorrow, really nice touch of him. I am supposed to hop on a bus the next morning to go to a colonial city called cuenca to visit some good american friends that I have met here (Russ and Michelle) who are house sitting in Cuenca. Note: House sitting is a great idea to travel on the cheap for those of you planning your round the world trip. Then I will go to a city called Banos which is famous for its natural hydrothermal springs, canoeing, and lots of nature adventures. Next sunday i will head to Isinlivi which is a village of 300 people next to volcano Cotopaxi in central Ecuador high up in the Andes, where I am to spend my next two months working in a hostel named Llullu Llama :) If you do not hear from me for a while, do not fret, I will make it out of the Andes in one piece. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment